Dear Parents and Caregivers
As the situation in regard to COVID-19 continues to evolve, the school continues operating in accordance with advice from the department. In addition to the most recent updates, we ask you to take note of the following modifications to school programs:
After-Hours School Sport
- All school sports have been postponed indefinitely, including in-school practices and games.
- Sports affected include: cricket, basketball, netball, soccer and cross country.
External School Service Providers
- All programs and support services involving non-department service providers are postponed until further notice. This includes instrumental music, choir and private service providers eg OTs.
- These have also been postponed until further notice.
- Teachers will continue to work with students to reflect on their learning from the term, to be shared at home.
Continuity of Student Learning
- We are considering remote learning options and what this might look like.
- This may involve students taking home key materials and resources in the event if learning needs to occur away from school.
Key Contact Information
- It’s vital that the school has up-to-date parent / caregiver contact details so we have the ability to make contact at short notice, ideally via email or phone.
Second Uniform Shop
- The second hand uniform shop will continue to operate for the remainder of this week.
- From next week on, all access will be from the admin office.
- Tight procedures are in place for hand washing.
- Toilets are being checked regularly to ensure soap dispensers have an adequate supply of soap.
Illness / Self-Isolation
- All children, students and staff who are unwell with fever and/or respiratory infection should remain at home until symptoms resolve.
- Please note – students returning from overseas must now self-isolate for 14 days as from today.
- If students present ill / sick during school hours, parents / caregivers or emergency contacts will be called to collect them.
- Please inform the school via email or phone if you have chosen to keep your child / children at home without them having any symptoms of illness.
- Staff are doing their best to maintain routine learning practices.
- I congratulate and thank them for all of the front line work they are doing to support our students and families.
- I am also proud of the way in which students are conducting themselves in these times of uncertainty. I have no doubt that many, if not all of them are experiencing some anxious moments. As always, we will continue to monitor and support their (and staff) wellbeing.
Once again, thank you for your ongoing support and understanding.
Paul Luke – Principal
17 March 2020