With the coronavirus situation developing quickly, advice from government officials is changing on a regular basis. In relation to schools, the Prime Minister in his announcement on Sunday afternoon, indicated that schools would be ‘staying open for the time being.’
If you haven’t already done so, please check in with the most recent update with news that the following upcoming events are postponed:
- Harmony Day Assembly
- Sports Day
- Swimming / Aquatics Week.
We thank our staff and community for their excellent organisation and preparation for these events, however the safety and welfare of our school and wider community is of the utmost importance.
We expect to receive further advice from the department in coming days regarding the social distancing measures that schools will need to take in addition to our current practices.
We continue to encourage families to read the coronavirus fact sheet from the Department of Health, and stress the importance of children (and staff) not attending school if they are unwell or are displaying flu like symptoms. School staff will continue to advise students on hand washing and personal hygiene practices.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- Thursday 19/3 – Harmony Day Assembly – postponed
- Friday 20/3 – Sports Day – postponed
- Student-led Conferences begin
- Monday 23/3 to Friday 27/3 – Year 3-5 Swimming – postponed
- Monday 23/3 and Tuesday 24/3 – Year 7 Aquatics – postponed
- Tuesday 25/3 and Thursday 26/3 – Year 6 Aquatics – postponed
- Wednesday 1/4 – School Group Tour
- Thursday 9/4 – End of Term 1